Is it best to choose a standard brochure size?
So what exactly do printers and designers mean when they say something is a standard brochure size ? Well, basically printers produce lots of different sizes and shapes of stuff, but the less cuts, folds and perforations they need to make to them, the cheaper it’s going to be for you. So in terms of what is a standard brochure size, the simple answer is this, portrait A4.
What are A4 Brochure dimensions ?
An A4 page is 210x297mm. Your brochure once opened out will be A3 size, once folded back down, A4 size. This is by far the most common or standard brochure size in Australia these days. When having your design set up for print, just be sure to check the work isn’t in inches, as this can be confused with the US system, which is slightly different to the A (A5, A4, etc) dimensions.
What can A4 brochures be used for ?
A4 brochures are versatile marketing tools that can be used for a variety of purposes. Some common uses for A4 brochures in your business could include (but certainly not limited to) :
- Promoting your products or services: A4 brochures are an effective (and cost effective) way to promote your products or services. You can use them to showcase your products or services, their features and benefits, and how they can meet the needs of your target audience. The benefit of an effective brochure is that it is working 24/7, constantly showcasing your company. They may be oldie’s, but they are still very much goldie’s.
- Event promotion: A4 brochures can be used to promote events such as trade shows, conferences, workshops (at home or abroad), and other events. You can use them to provide details about the event, including the date, time, location, and agenda.
- Informational materials: A4 brochures can be used to provide informational materials to your customers or clients. You can use them to provide instructions, guidelines (or other important information related to your products or services). You can also include contact details, so getting in touch is easy for the new prospective client.
- Sales presentations: A4 brochures can be used as sales presentations to help close deals. You can use them to showcase your products or services, their benefits (and why they are the best choice for your customers). If the client is still on the fence, leave the brochure with them, a good read through in their own time might just help to seal the deal.
- Company profiles: A4 brochures can be used to provide information about your company, its history, mission, values (and other important information that helps customers) or clients understand your business better.
So what is a standard brochure size, overall, A4 brochures are a versatile marketing tool that can be used for a variety of purposes. The key is to create a design that is visually appealing, easy to read, and communicates your message effectively (followed up by a really nice print finish. We can’t emphasise it enough, never skimp on the printing, it looks cheap and nasty if you do).